Monday, April 28, 2014

Blogging Assemssment #1


Some specific words that demonstrate my writer’s voice are words such as “infer” and “sketchy.” These words are used in a way so that they help contribute to the blog in general, and help communicate how I think about the subject being talked about in general. I also use longer sentences, to help get the point I am trying to get across to the reader of the blog. I’m not sure if by using the longer or shorter sentences that people will understand it more and it might not be truly effective, but that’s one of my natural writing styles for me. I also like taking parts of a sentence from a quote, and using them for quotes; therefore punctuating them correctly, and making it stand out from other quotes.

Some diction and syntax choices that I use in my writing are to have some elevated and formal language and some casual writing skills, like “That is referring to events from the night before…”, along with punctuation; some examples are “What about last night?” and “I wanted to talk to you…you took all the pills in your bottle last night.”, and sentence lengths, mentioned in the above paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment